Laboratory Technician (Algae and Biological Systems) – Full time, starting salary £17,000
Industrial Phycology (I-PHYC) aims to sustainably transform wastewater treatment. We use microalgae to treat municipal/industrial wastewater and recover valuable resources. Our goal is sustainable, chemical-free wastewater treatment. We are currently constructing the largest algae-wastewater treatment facility in the UK (www.i-phyc.com).
I-PHYC is seeking a Laboratory Technician to assist principal investigators, engineers, and research staff with ongoing research related to algal cultivation and wastewater treatment. Applicants should expect a rewarding, fast-paced work environment with numerous opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are seeking a driven, self-motivated individual with a strong science background.
* Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science/Engineering, Marine Science, Microbiology, or related disciplines
* Laboratory experience (academic or industry)
* Ability to communicate, learn, and adapt quickly- both independently and as part of the team
* Experience with algal ecology, physiology, taxonomy, and cultivation
* Experience with biological water/wastewater treatment
* Technical experience in any of the following areas: microscopy, sensors/probes, water quality analyses, field work, spectrophotometry and statistical analysis
Tasks will include
* Design and execution of laboratory experiments
* Field work and sample collection
* Laboratory analysis of chemical and biological samples
* Photobioreactor monitoring and maintenance
* Algae cultivation
* Operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment
* Data entry, analysis, and report writing
* Organizing, ordering, storing, cleaning
Main company site is in Bristol (UK), however, sample collection in Weston-super-Mare is expected.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting immediately until the position is filled. Preferred applicants can start as soon as June. Send your CV and cover letter via email (subject: Laboratory Technician) to firstname.lastname@example.org